This module aims to provide the Virtuemart community with the XML version shipping rates and services gateway for the Swedish market. It should implement the most necessary features that enable Virtuemart e-commerce platform users to retrieve shipping information to their customers as well as order shipping services via our shipping API.
Our company currently offers a service for comparing and purchasing shipping services over the Internet. It is available both as a website and as a shipping API that can be called by other services on the Internet.
The basic philosophy of the shipping API is that it should be as simple as possible to integrate any system with our platform. Therefore, we try to keep details such as configurations and settings separate from the API; these tasks are performed manually using our web site instead.
In the current version, the API is solely XML-based.
1) The shipping module will have to conform to our API configuration possibilities and functions.
2) The shipping module should be a downloadable version.
3) 2-3 weeks completion time (development and testing)
4) Must be familiar with Virtuemart and have prior experience in Joomla extensions.
Configuration possibilities with the shipping API
• Selection of which shipping services customers may choose when they make purchases in a web shop;
• Selection of whether to sort the shipping alternatives by time or price when they are presented to customers;
• Selection of whether shipping time will be displayed as Number of days or Arrival time;
• Selection of Free shipping when a customer's purchase exceeds a specific purchase amount;
• Setting a price for picking up a product in person instead of having it shipped;
• Definition of optional standard box dimensions; if applicable.
• Selection of which days shippers can pick up products for delivery;
• Definition of pick-up times, if applicable.
• Our on-line platform can handle all products in the customer's shopping cart, regardless of whether they are sent as separate parcels or if multiple products are packaged together in a standard box.
• Our on-line platform allows you to define the dimensions of individual products. This provides more exact price calculations.
• Our on-line platform can determine which products in your customer's shopping cart will fit into your standard boxes and base the shipping prices on your standard box size. This is normally cheaper than basing the shipping prices on the dimensions of your individual products.
• Our on-line platform estimates delivery times based on your settings, i.e. which days shippers can come and pick up products for delivery, along with any specific pick-up times that you may have defined.
• Your customers only see the shipping alternatives that you want them to be able to choose.
• When your customers choose delivery that is not door-to-door, they are shown the nearest pick-up location and how far it is from their address to that location.
If you do not have any experience in Joomla extensions before, please do not bid in this project. You need to be familiar with Virtuemart.
Documentation to our shipping API is available in both English and Swedish.