Joomla 1.5 and X-cart 4.4 user and login integration
This project received 9 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $546 NZD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
What we're after is an integration system for joomla version [url removed, login to view] and x-cart version 4.4. The integration should import new users that have registered in Joomla into x-cart as well as syncing any modifications made to a users profile in joomla (i.e. password change/ email change). Users logged into joomla should be automatically logged into the shopping cart (i.e. integration sessions). Basically we need the following points:
* When a user registers in joomla via community builder they are automatically registered in x-cart
* when a user updates their profile it is sync'd with x-cart
* x-cart is closed until a user logins via joomla first
* Once a user logs into joomla they are automatically logged into x-cart without having to login again
* because of the address book functionality in x-cart, the important fields to sync is password, username, email address
So basically, a user must register and signin via joomla first before they can access the shopping cart. When they login to joomla they automatically log in to the shopping cart. When they modify their joomla profile it should be updated in the shopping cart (they cannot edit their details in the shopping cart but they can add addresses to their address book). All user management should be done in joomla via community builder, not x-cart.
I've found the following integrations which looked good however I'm not sure what version of x-cart or joomla they're for, or they're for the wrong version of x-cart.
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
The components we're using in joomla are:
- AEC (manages joomla subscriptions )
- Moset Tree (business listing directory)
- Ikn answers (questions and answers module)
- CK Forms (creating forms for joomla module)
- CBJuice2 (exports users)
- JCE (modifies editor used in joomla)
- joommyadmin (php my admin viewer)
- community acl (manages access control levels)
- newsletter module (custom module, allows users to upload newsletters)
- ninjaxplorer (file manager)
- silver bullet module (custom module, allows users to upload newsletters)
- community builder (manages users, registration and editing user profiles)
From the above components the only one I feel effects the shopping cart and joomla integration is community builder. Users register to joomla using community builder and AEC (upon initial registration they get a basic account for free which gives them access to the shopping cart - all users that are on the site have access to the shopping cart but everyone must register to have access to the site.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online