Joomla (1.5) template for static corporate website
This project was successfully completed by Alexxandar for $400 AUD in 5 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 AUD
Completed In5 days
1. Convert an 8-10 page static corporate website into a new look using Joomla templates/CSS.
2. Enable Paypal functionality for ordering books and downloading pay-per-download PDF files (I already have PayPal business acocount).
3. Leave the customer (me) self-sufficient to maintain and update content using Joomla [url removed, login to view] (already installed on my web hosting account). I know enough HTML and web admin stuff to get myself into trouble, but I can't do the CSS necessary to fix Joomla templates, which is why you now have the opportunity to bid on this little job.
There is an existing temporary website at [url removed, login to view] that already has the content to be converted. In fact, to save you time, I have already pasted all this content into the Joomla [url removed, login to view] install, which is live and running. All that's missing is the right template CSS to make it look decent. So: Joomla is already installed, I need you to fix up the template.
The "test" site (managed by Joomla CMS) is at [url removed, login to view] . When you finish the job, I will re-delegate DNS servers to point to the Joomla install as the main site.
- Is to change the CSS on the existing Joomla template (or create your own Joomla template from scratch, whatever will be most efficient) so that each page in the existing site looks like the attached .png
- I want forms that work properly, to collect customer details (eg, names, addresses, sales info).
- I want search engine-friendly URLS (Joomla has a global setting for this, I want you to enable it to work sensibly)
- I want to be able to take orders for physical textbooks we publish, and also downloadable PDFs, with a shopping cart and Paypal. I have a Paypal business account and the Paypal website provides PHP code for purchasing buttons.
- I don't want silly annoying CSS problems like form fields that don't align properly with their labels, and all the other niggles that CSS causes. (and the annoying Joomla footer text that includes "Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.")
- I want all this finished yesterday.
Full disclosure --> Please be advised: This project has a history, and is quite possibly cursed ;) . This project has been started, and abandoned, twice in the last three months, by two prior web designers who were both very capable and experienced enough to do the job in about 2-3 days, but who both took seriously ill during what is supposed to be a very quick and easy job, and had to relinquish the work.
So, please avoid the curse!! Please don't bid for this job if you are prone to illness, accidents, unexpected delays, are superstitious or live in a haunted house, etc. We have a published textbook ready for sale, and the Australian book-buying and academic markets are about to go back to work. I need this site in a fit state to take orders, like, yesterday.
Sorry for the snark, but it is ridiculous how long it has taken to get this very simple job done.
So, please only bid for this job if:
1) You know what you are doing with Joomla and Joomla CSS/templates.
2) You can, quickly and easily, make my site look like the example provided in the attached .png file.
3) You know how to get Paypal to talk to a website (I have a Paypal business account ready to go and add buttons/codes etc.)
4) You are not going to get sick or abducted by aliens during the next two weeks.
Thank you and happy bidding.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online