Upgrade SimplyLinks to Joomla 2.5 Compat - repost
- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $250 USD
- Total Bids 12
We need a developer to upgrade our existing SimplyLinks component+plugin that is currently written for Joomla 1.5 to become Joomla 3.x compatible and add some new features in the process. The purpose of SimplyLinks is to automate the generation of hyperlinks throughout a Joomla web site based on keywords designated in one list. The purpose is to facilitate better intra-site navigation and also better external linking--all of which assist in better and more accurate SEO rankings.
In addition to upgrading the Joomla 1.5 compatible installation package to be Joomla 3.x Native compatible, we would like the following features added:
1. Adding a new option to allow for "case-sensitive" and "case-insensitive" link matches
2. Manually controllable order of links so that the first matching link entry will be used and subsequent matches ignored, i.e., If "appletree" is in the list before "apple" (or the reverse), the plugin will only apply the first entry.
3. Ability to restrict links to "all categories", "selected categories only" or "all categories other than those selected"
4. New option to select hyperlink target, "_blank", "_parent", etc.
5. Add new link type to link to a menu item instead of sole option of article linking (will allow auto-linking of everything in Joomla, such as shopping cart items, other component data, etc.)
6. Multilingual Support (ability to support non-Latin characters for searched text).
I am sure there are more questions to be asked, so please ask via messages and we will provide detail. We would like this project to be completed in under a week.
The current Joomla 1.5 version of this component+plugin is attached.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online