I already have a core change that adds Volume (CBM) to Virtuemart. The last VM upgrade overwrote the modified files. The project is two-fold:
FOR NOW: I have a change log with code for the change. I entered the code as instructed, but a few of the line numbers are now different due to modified files. I have most of the functions working - but for volume in cart and orders. I need you to review the change log and figure out what needs to change and make those changes. I need this done asap as this is a live site.
FOR THE FUTURE:
The core change is not ideal precisely because of the risk of overwriting the code. I would like an extension (or plugin?) that does the same as the core change - but remains safe and functional after upgrades.
This is the scope:
1. Adds a Volume field to Administrator/Virtuemart/Product/Product Dimensions and Weight
2. Adds a Volume field to Administrator/Virtuemart/Product/Custom Fields
- Takes that value and displays it in Product Details
- Takes that value and displays it in Cart
- Takes that value and displays it in Invoice
- Takes that value and displays it in Administrator/Virtuemart/Orders
- Takes that value and totals it with all Volume values in Volume Total in Cart
- Takes that value and totals it with all Volume values in Volume Total in Invoice
Layout and fields exist in cart, product details, and emails.