IT Administrator / Manager
This project received 20 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $20 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$15 - $25 USD / hour
1. Recommend, implement, administer and maintain sComm's in-house network resources, including its Internet connection, routers, switches, videophones, servers, workstations, printers and various other peripherals.
2. Must be familiar with Linux servers, particularly Untangle routers, Proxmox virtual server platforms, and OpenVZ and KVM virtual machines.
3. Must be familiar with Windows workstations and their upkeep.
4. Knowledge of Mac OS X workstations and interfacing them to network resources would be beneficial.
5. Knowledge of and ability to maintain OpenLDAP directory services that are used for network user accounts, password security and granting access to network resources.
6. Knowledge of providing secure remote access to in-house network resources via OpenVPN software.
7. Ability to administer file and print sharing via Samba software.
8. Maintain necessary software applications, licenses and logging data.
9. Ability to proactively monitor computer network, servers, peripherals, and other equipment via Nagios monitoring software.
10. Troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software issues.
11. System, network and software maintenance - backups, upgrades & updates. sComm's servers are backed up to NAS devices via a custom-built rsync script.
12. Ensure optimal email and calendar server performance, remote access, efficiency and security with Postfix, SpamAssassin and the Zarafa groupware platform.
13. Implement and ensure data security.
14. Provide Openfire Instant Messenger support.
15. Asset management - maintain recordkeeping and coordinate IT budget & tracking.
16. Coordinate telephony (including videophones, videoconferencing, and telemeeting support, call routing/forwarding, etc).
17. Support, recommend, setup, maintenance of databases (Apache, MySQL, MariaDB, SugarCRM, Help Desk).
18. Web hosting, maintenance, website support for sComm's hosted Linode server.
19. Ability to remotely access/operate servers in a secure manner.
20. Minimize downtime, explore/advise on redundancy.
21. Availability as needed around clock – adjustable schedule.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online