This project covers the setup of a Ubuntu Linux server with the following major items:
* Perform operating system update to obtain latest patches and packages
* Install Samba, set up as Primary Domain Controller
* Install web based remote management software (Webmin or other, based on coder’s recommendation)
* Configure outgoing email to relay through client’s mail server
The winning coder will be expected to log in to the server remotely and perform the required administration tasks. IP and SSH login details will be given to the winning coder.
Full requirements are in the attachment.
As described in the attached requirements spec:
* Remote server configuration
* Test plan (MS Word .doc), including test results, that covers all requirements
* Network managers manual (MS Word .doc)
* Complete setup log (MS Word .doc or ASCII text)
Ubuntu Linux, Feisty Fawn