Oscommerce custom shipping module (for old 2.2 osc version)
This project was successfully completed by binhtq for $600 USD in 7 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Completed In7 days
Oscommerce custom shipping module (for old 2.2 osc version).
I need a custom shipping module solution. My e-shop will have many sellers and each seller will have his own shipping policies. Please note that if customer buys 2 or more products from different sellers, then the multiple shipping costs will be added to each other producing a total sum. If customer buys products from only one seller, then only the shipping costs of this specific seller will occur.
So this is what i need:
1) Each product could be connected to a seller (a new simple field like the manufacturer's field) and every seller will have different shipping policies.
2) While adding or editing seller, i will be able to define shipping costs which will affect all products of this specific seller.
3) Shipping fields will be:
- Shipping method name (such us "UPS Express")
- Zone affected (such as "European Union Countries")
- Pricing table (there is a ready module for this, i will give you this. Here is a short description of this field: Shipping rates to Zone 1 destinations. 3:7.5,4:6.6,6:5.3,7:4.2 means the 1st 3KG costs $[url removed, login to view], the Next 4KG costs $[url removed, login to view], the Next 6KG costs $[url removed, login to view] and subsequently every 7KG costs $[url removed, login to view] for Zone 1 destinations. Hence a 46KG item will cost $[url removed, login to view])
- Pricing table based to Euros OR Kilograms (some sellers will adjust their shipping costs not according to the weight of products but according to the total price of the order).
- Product category affected (such as "ALL Categories" or "Clothing"). Category selection will work recursively (subcategories of a specific category will be included unless a subcategory will be specified with another shipping method.) Attention: Category selection will cooperate with seller selection because one category could have many sellers with different shipping policies.
- Since shipping costs will adjust according to category, there should be a fix in case some product is copied to multiple categories. So a "master" category of each product should be defined in database according to which the shipping cost will occur.
4) Each seller could be able to define an unlimited number of shipping methods. For example there will be one shipping method called "UPS" for a specific zone for a specific product category and another called "FEDEX" for another zone, for another product category. If more than one shipping methods will occur to a specific category/product (mostly by mistake) then they will be added to each other and will sum their total cost.
5) There will be editable region where admin could be able to edit/delete all the above.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online