Working and fairly comprehensive Text Diff function
This project was awarded to sveralex for $555 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
System: Linux(CentOS 6.4)/Apache(2.2)/PHP(5.4)
Desired package: Horde_Text_Diff (already installed, partially working ... similar classes acceptable if experience dictates)
Function that compares any two text, html, or pdf documents against each other and renders changes in a format easily readable by humans.
- Input data is provided by our web application
- some tweaking may need to be done to current pdftohtml function, depending on your requirements.
- Horde_Text_Diff is installed in conjuction with Horde_Autoloader and is partially functional.
- Text comparison is happening on first character only. It seems to be a configuration issue. We have tried the older Text_Diff class with poor performance results
The job, in a nutshell, is to configure the function to properly run the diff, render the results in a nice way, display the result(s) of one or many comparisons generated from a foreach loop of many documents (foreach already functioning, diff comparison again, is not) in a web form where we can simply approve or disavow the result. And finally save the results to a table of changes in MySQL (already setup to accept the data). The bulk of the work will be with getting the diff to return useful data with varied sizes of input documents.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online