database extract and append to flat file.
This project was awarded to edeveloper for $63.75 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $100 USD
We require a PHP application to extract email addresses from a mySQL database and combine them into an ascii flat file that is maintained by another application. Extraction is UNIX date based (Date of registration).
The routine must have the following:
- On loading, the browser to display the date of last extraction, the number of records since last extraction, and an option to do the extraction.
- Output to browser so that a quick visual check can be made before combining with flat file
- Output to have the following data items: Email Address, Date of registration (converted to standard date format).
- Append to log (Create if doesn't exist)
- Confirmation Screen shows: number of records extracted, option to view log file, option to delete log file (file renamed, not actually deleted).
Due to the confidentialityof emails this needs to be a "black box" application.
All “parameters?? like database name, dbusername, password, tablename, field name needs to be read from a config file as variables. Data only needs to be appended to flat file, no error or duplicate checking is needed (other application takes care of that.) This application will be read only on the database so anything that it needs to remember must be written to files in it's install directory.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Jul 13, 2005 2:46:51 PM:
Someone asked what I meant by "black box" application.
The code required has to be written without any information about the system it's going on. Anything that the code needs to know will be provided by me through a config file after I install it. I will provide a dummy flat file and mySQL field types, etc.
Hope that makes sense :-)
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online