install nominatim server on ubuntu
This project received 12 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
I'm looking for someone to implement and load the Nominatim geocoder for OpenStreetMaps with the most recent North America data set.
 A fully functioning Nominatim geocoder, including special phrases and wiki entries, installed on a linux-based virtual machine.
- I would prefer to receive a virtual machine (in .vdmk format) that I can load on a local machine running VirtualBox; however, if it's more practical, access to a bare VM (e.g., turnkey-lapp-13.0-wheezy-amd64) on the target machine can be provided and the contractor will responsible for upgrading it to spec (namely, postgres and postgis upgrades).
- Physical Machine: 32GB RAM, Intel Core i7-4770 (octacore @ 3.4 GHz)
- Host OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
- Virtual Machine: 28GB RAM, 6(?) processors
- Guest OS: Debian Wheezy (64-bit) => I am not wed to this
- Application software:
- apache [port 80]
- postgresql 9.3 (64-bit) [port 5432]
- postgis 2.1 (64-bit)
- Nominatim 2.2
- ssh [port 22]
- ftp [port 23]
 Postgres Tuning: All necessary tuning to the postgresql RDMBS configuration shall be made so as to optimize the VM's use of the Guest OS resources described above.
 Guest OS Tuning: A recommendation shall be provided concerning the number of processors used by the virtual machine.
 Website: The site will be operated without a domain on a local network, and addressable only by its IP address ([url removed, login to view])
 OSM Updates: The installation should be configured to search for updated OSM extracts on a weekly basis.
 Required documentation:
[a] Identities & passwords for system and database users: root, postgres, nominatim
[b] URLs of Nominatim website and API endpoints: e.g., [url removed, login to view]
[c] Instructions on how to change the URL of the website to another IP address
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online