Basic Notification System
This project received 22 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $806 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I need an android app for my church members. This is how it will work;
USER TYPES: 2
So I need:
1) Basic admin interface where I can load an Administrator and User from a web based interface. Fields must be from a MySQL database. user fields will be:
-- Unique user ID
-- User Type (Administrator / Subscriber)
-- Cellphone Number (This must be unique, and no duplicate entries must be recorded)
-- First Name - Must be validated by php to allow A - Z and a - z only
-- Last Name - Must be validated by php to allow A - Z and a - z only
-- Date of Birth - Must be validated by php to allow numbers only. Date of birth format must be YYYYMMDD
-- Email Address - PHP must validate that its a real email address
-- Receive notifications after hours (Yes or No) - Specially for the elderly people, when I lets say, send a notification between 10pm and 6am - the subscriber will get the notification UNLESS this option is ticked NOT to receive notifications between 10pm and 6 am.
2) a Table where I can load categories where users can subscribe to. The fields must be
-- Unique category ID
-- Category - Must be validated by php to allow A - Z and a - z only
The basic / first page of the app is where a user can either register or log in. Once logged in, the app must be running in the back end - for when I or an administrator send a notification from the basic web backend - the user will get it similar to a sms notification. I dont want the users to log in everytime opening the app or restarting their phone, so the app must auto sign in. So if the user hasnt been registered, the user will be required to once-off register after downloading the app. If signed in once,t he app will stay signed-in. There must also be an option to reset a password, where the new password will be emailed to the subscriber.
From the app, the subscriber must have basic functions:
1) Edit account where the user must be able to change his name and lastname and date of birth and password. Once changed, the details must be updated in the mysql database too.
2) The user must be able to update subscription preferences, for example, if I load the subscription categories lets say, ummm... all notifications, tea parties, and Bible verses - then the subscriber must be able to tick of to which category or categories to subscribe to. So if I send a daily Bible verse from the basic admin, all users subscribed to the "Daily Bible Verse" gets a notification with a Bible verse.
So, when the user downloads the app, and registers, the user will get the same fields like in the basic web backend. please ensure that all fields are validated, and also that all fields are required.
From the basic web backend, I also want to be able to send images. So when i upload the image, it must be stored in a web directory. If I include the image or images in a notification message, the image must appear in the notification message of the subscriber.
To ensure you have read through this post, please quote the number *9* when sending your proposal.
Then the last requirement;
The third window / link / section in the app, - the subscriber must be able to send a message to the "administrator". This must be a clear and visible button or option to send a message. Simply name it "Send Message". So if the user sends a message to the admin, it will be stored in the database and I must see it in the admin. Whenever a user sends a message to the administrator from the app, please notify the administrator via email. Messages will be text only. If required - I will pay extra later on if the subscribers want to submit images from their camera too.
Thats basically it. All the requirements. And straight forward.
This will be an ongoing job and I will request the same developer for updates and future requirements.
The app must be targeted on the latest Android, but 100% compattible with Android 2.2 as well.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online