Aim of the project: to develop an application that plays IPTV streams on the Android Set-top-Box similar to [url removed, login to view]
This application should have the following features.
1. The application should auto-run on boot and open last watched channel.
2. The application should play [url removed, login to view] and MPEG-2 streams over http.
3. During watching a channel you can switch to the next or previous channel in the playlist by pressing left-right buttons.
4. During a channel switch there should be an OSD showing channel name, logo and channel number.
5. You can switch to a channel by entering a three-digit channel number. The set-top-boxes we are testing write now do not have numbers on the remote but do support keyboards.
6. Pressing Return button should bring a watcher to the main application menu.
7. The channel list should be a mosaic of logos 10 x 5 for example, but on the left side of the screen there should be a list of channel categories: All, Enterntainment, Kids, Favorites, etc. Optionally there should be a larger icon view. Categories should be loaded from a playlist.
8. Pressing Menu button during watching a channel should bring up a channel menu with four options: Favorite, Skip (or Blacklist), Protected and TV-Guide. In the case of selecting Favorite on the channel it should appear in the Favorites channel category. In the case of selecting Skip (Blacklist) the channel should be excluded from all channel categories but All. It should also be skipped when changing channels by pressing left-right buttons. Therefore, the selection checks for Favorite and Skip should be mutually exclusive. Choice of TV-guide should open a EPG for this particular channel. Unmarking a check on either Favorite, Skip or Protected should reset the program settings to normal. The option Protected should either place a channel to the Protected category, that can be open only when entering an optional password, or a channel itself should have a password/pin number locking the view.
9. The should be a possibility to schedule a recording of the channel on the USB flash or on an SD card.
10. There should be a EPG access from the main menu. It can be arranged, for example, in the same icon mosaic view with categories.
11. The main menu should have a list of Radio channels. For example, there can be a three-option menu on the very top of the screen – TV, Radio, EPG. The listing of all three button should look similar – the same icon mosaic view with categories on the left.
12. There should be setting for a local (network) path to the playlist, to the icons of channels and EPG files.
13. There should be an option of showing a previously watched channel. It can be on any free button, for example >> or