Mobile Website Consulting Project
This project received 9 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
[We are not "leachers" and I did not simply create this project to "drain" your technical expertise without paying. We have no issue in paying to get the right answers; therefore, it's imperative that you answer my questions (fully and with great detail) so that I'm comfortable with your solutions. If your solution makes sense and you can articulate it correctly to me, you will win this and future work. I will not hire an individual until I'm completely comfortable with their past examples of work and detailed responses to my queries.]
I will only accept bids from individuals within continental North America. The reason being that I may want to speak to you on the phone about this project. If you're from India, Pakistan or other foreign countries; thanks for your interest but I will not be accepting your bid. The right individual must be reachable on the phone and must be within the following four time zones:
This project is for a consulting role within my firm on a current and all future mobile projects. I require someone that understands exactly how to execute a mobile site plan. Your role will be to instruct my programmer on what is required to make our sites mobile compliant per Google's policies.
If you do not understand the requirements within the following pages; you will not be a good fit for this role. They are as follows:
- [url removed, login to view]
- [url removed, login to view]
The current website that my programmer and I are working on is hosted in a dedicated server environment. After much deliberation, we have decided that we want to make a mobile folder as opposed to a responsive design at this time. Our main concern is that we do not want to be penalized by Google if we make an error. There are three main issues of concern that we must execute correctly for this project to be successful:
1. The automatic redirection (based upon user agent) must work correctly. We would like a bidirectional form of redirect. I'm not technical but I need someone that can verify that a 301 redirect is being used.
2. Annotations for desktop must be correct. My team understand this concept of using rel= "alternate" and "canonical" tags. You must undertand these concepts as well to verify our work.
3. The toughest concept for my team to completely understand is the Vary HTTP header requirements as outlined by Google on this page: [url removed, login to view] We're not exactly sure what we're supposed to do for this requirement and we're also not sure how to execute this requirement. If you do not understand this concept, please do not apply to this project.
With regards to the redirection and annotations, my programmer has the ability to execute this part of the project. We only need someone to verify a page or two of what we're doing.
Since I'm not technical, I'm not sure what is required to be compliant with Google's Vary HTTP header requirements. You may have to execute/create a script and access our dedicated server to make the proper adjustments. Again, I'm not technical so I'm not sure if this is required but I want someone that has the ability to perform these sort of actions if required.
To confirm that you've read this, please title your subjects in your PM: Mobile, Vary HTTP Header
When you apply to the role, I will ask you very specific questions to test your technical knowledge and I will require examples of your work. If you have never created a bidirectional redirect, please don't apply to this project. If you can not demonstrate to me (with a URL) what a bidirectional redirect is, please do not apply.
Thanks for reading this, looking forward to working with you.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online