CS-Cart Automated New Shipment Creator
This project was successfully completed by apbsystems for $200 USD in 4 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In4 days
We have a csv file containing orders tracking information that needs to be imported in a CS-Cart ecommerce website. The import must happen based on a frequency we will decide (daily for example). We want to have documentation on how to modify the times when the addon runs.
We need a custom import in the Cart of our data within the csv that contains multiple rows, one per order, and the following columns:
Quantity per Order
Prepayment by AND Global
The csv file will be used to create a "New Shipment" for each applicable order. The addon will do the following things for each order that is both listed in the csv file and has a "Processed" status in the cart:
1) Leave the shipping method as is (there's only 1 available anyways)
2) Apply the tracking number
3) Choose the correct and valid carrier name from the available ones in the Cart based on what the csv file says. If the "carrier" field in the csv for a specific order does not match any of the valid CS-Cart carriers (e.g. the user meant to type UPS as the carrier but typed USP instead in the csv by mistake), then leave the carrier field on the Cart blank, and paste the values of the "carrier" and "tracking number" from the csv to the Comments section.
4) Change the order status to "Complete" (code in CS-Cart is "C" I believe)
5) Send an email that notifies the client of the tracking number. In the GUI this is done by checking the "Send shipment notification to customer" box, so I'm sure there's a way for the code to do the same thing in the backend to accomplish the same thing (sending an email with tracking info to customers).
I attached a picture of the "New Shipment" GUI so you know what fields I'm talking about. Of course the addon will create a New Shipment in the backend and not actually click the GUI.
This addon needs to come with install instructions so we can install on other CS-Carts as well. Addon must be compatible with CS-Cart 2.2.3 and higher.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online