Joomla - Add file upload / import to component
This project was successfully completed by rabbul for $250 USD in 2 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In2 days
We have a Joomla component which displays Race Results to people who do running: [url removed, login to view]
We need a way for the administrators to upload these results to the website. So in the admin section we need to add a page under the Race Results component called 'Upload' it would have the following fields:
- Race Name: A list of all available races, pulled from the table #__eb_events
- Race Sub Event: A list of Sub Events for the race selected above. This is a custom field created for each event in the Event Booking component. To identify which custom fields are used for Sub Events we need to add an extra field to the Event Booking component when creating custom fields. This should be a radio button field: called 'Is Sub Event?: Yes / No'. An example of Sub Event field is "Distance" on this page: [url removed, login to view]
- Type of Upload: Dropdown with Database,File
- File Upload
The page should work like this:
1. Admin selects the race (Event)
2. The drop down for Sub Event is populated based on their selection
[url removed, login to view] admin selects the Sub Event
4. The admin selects 'Database' or 'File'
5. The admin chooses a file from their computer for the File Upload field
6. Admin clicks 'Submit'
7. If 'database' was chosen then the file must be a csv file, it will import into the table #__raceresults_results. A sample of this import file is attached, the fields in the CSV all match the fields in the table. This CSV will always have the same layout and field structure.
8. If 'File' is selected then the file will upload to the server and the file path will be stored in the table #__raceresults_results. A new field will need to be made in the database for this.
Please let me know if there are any questions about the project.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online