OpenCart Module Licensing System
This project received 15 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $20 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$15 - $25 USD / hour
Hi, we're looking for a module / system to manage and license the OpenCart extensions and themes we create and sell.
Just so you know, we already sell and manage all our themes and extensions from an OpenCart store, so this system would / could integrate with the admin area of this OpenCart store.
This system would solve the following problems:
1. Licensing - to ensure that each module / theme sold is used on only one domain, has its own unique license code, and can be revoked or re-issued by us if needed. Each license would be generated with each order. If the license code is valid, our module would function, if not, it will show a message that the code either needs to be entered or is wrong, and would not function.
2. Version Checking - This system would have some place where it would check the version of the module / theme installed on our customer's store, and if we had a newer version, it would notify them that there's a newer version ready for update.
So, here's some points to elaborate on the above.
- We would just insert the code you give us into a 'Licensing' tab on our modules. So you won't have to worry about our modules, except for just giving us the code to insert into them that would connect with the rest of the system to check the version, check the license and either enable the module or disable it if the license is invalid.
- We'll set you up with a dev open cart installation on our servers, so you can do all your work on there. We'll also include a test module of ours that you can test with to integrate with the rest of the system.
- We're not sure exactly what this system would look like, or where it would be - we want to discuss that with you before the project starts. So while we want to give you free reins to design, we're not going to get stuck in the 'Well, the project didn't say I had to do that, so that'll be an extra charge' mantra.
- Since we're not sure what this system would look like, we're leaving it up to you on whether it would be integrated with OpenCart or if it would be just a separate bunch of php files. We'd recommend and assume it would be in the OpenCart admin.
- Since this system is based on the OpenCart store we sell all our products off of, it can pull right from the database in respect to products, orders etc. So, we'll only use the system for products in the store, and orders placed on the store. Since that's the case, here's a couple guidelines of functionality we're looking for:
-Ability to add, revoke and re-issue licenses.
-An interface (maybe kind of like the Sales>Orders section?) where we can see all the licenses issued and the domains they're issued to.
-If a license is revoked, it will stop working on the domain it's on the next time it's used.
-Some ability to manage the versions of each product, so we can easily update it when we release a new version - currently we use the product attributes in open cart to manage versions, but we're fine using this system to manage versions instead.
-Ability to add these new variables (license key, installation domain, etc.) on the front end pages (account pages), if we need to.
Obviously there's still some details to be worked out, but we want to hear from you and see if you have any ideas and what your implementation would be. We don't want to see samples of what you've done in the past, we want your ideas. Obviously, before project completion, an IP transfer would be required to be signed.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online