Simple custom CMS for Academic Journal website
- Status Completed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 25
I need to build a Content Management System for an Academic Journal website. We already have the website running on HTML, but we need to automate the updating process. Look at this website:
[url removed, login to view] --> it is in portuguese, use google chrome to translate to your language
We have from times to times to add new issues of this online Journal, and we need to update it via the CMS. There CMS should be able to import and process a XLS file (or a CSV, that will be generated from the XLS file I'm attaching on this project). These are the columns that will be used to fill all information. Each ID corresponds to a paper, and each paper have a lot of information that you can find in this table. The correspondent output to each article is this page (or similar to this): [url removed, login to view]
You can find that bellow the title there is a full bibliographical reference, and this is generated by joining fields from the XLS file.
Each Issue have lots of articles, that should appear like this: [url removed, login to view]
So the CMS must allow me to do this:
1. Input manually informations like Edition name, edition number, issue number, etc.
2. A field to insert pure HTML content, because each Issue will have its very particular header, like this: [url removed, login to view] , that I will create by mself with HTML tags.
3. Upload XLS/CSV file to import all articles, following the structure of attached file.
4. From this XLS/CSV, will be generated a list of links to articles, like this one: [url removed, login to view]
5. Each article from this list will have its own page, that must have lots of tags that Google Scholars require on it, like this one: [url removed, login to view]
6. We must have a page that list all older Issues of the magazine, like this: [url removed, login to view] (for now, it have just one issue, that is named as Actual Issue, but should list more when have more)
7. The system must also generate automaticaly an updated [url removed, login to view] when I require to (through a link or button to do it).
8. After uploading the XLS/CSV, I should have a page that allow me to edit one single article to make small corrections if needed.
9. After I upload the XLS/CSV, it have to exist two status of publication: Public and Hidden. When Hidden, I can see full list and test everything as if it was live, but this do not appears as last issue. Only when on Public status it appears as last issue on home page and everybody can access it. The purpose is to check if everything is OK before others can see it.
We will provide empty HTML of the website, but not from the Admin part. You can use a template or something you already have done.
And this is it. If you are interested on the project, leave a bid, and also the sentence "science is important!" on your bid, otherwise I will not consider it, as you probably did not read this description. Please, be very carefull with it.
It is important to tell you that this project is still on development, so small things might change. And it also will bring more projects to you, be it of improvements on this system, be it new projects.
Thank you, and good luck!Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online