SunShop Development Work Required
This project received 6 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $600 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Hi developing community. we are contacting you in regards to some development work that is required on a new installation of SunShop.
The work required would be starting from around 11/08/2010 and would need to be completed in no more than about 10 days.
A full brief will be supplied for the works required and we are happy to place the agreed funds in an escrow service from the start date of this work.
We are NOT looking for someone who simply creates new simple skins for SS, the developer needs to be proficient in both PHP and MySQL as we are making database changes.
There is also an opportunity after this work is completed for further on-going development, this will be discussed during the development stages of this work.
We will link to the relevant design brief in the next few days but to get the ball rolling here is what is required.
1. We will be starting with the skin "Modern Black" as this contains many of the elements we require.
2. Site will be wider than its current size to accommodate more complex navigation menus. and home page offerings.
3. A new header will be built. Logo on the left, a random banner to the middle and contain the "cart contents" data on the right.
4. Directly under the header replacing the current navigation menu will be a MAJOR category menu, this menu will drive the normal "categories". i.e: a major category is "PC Parts" and when a user navigates to this, a separate "categories" on the left side will contain all categories for the "PC Parts" section only. So when a user navigates to another major category "Computers" then a new "categories" menu on the left is displayed for computers only. This menu system will need to be coded within the SS system and have the functionality to add additional major categories and allow import/export of category and product data. However this menu will not be automatically system generated, if a new major category is created then I would modify this menu adding a new image with the link to the new major category.
5. The current search bar will stay in its current place but move to the right, this will allow for some text link menu to be created to left of the search section containing shopper account links like "login", "My account". A total of 4 links here.
6. The home page will NOT display any content on the left side (Neither will any static pages), instead the main body part will be replaced with 4 content sections that will be driven by custom templates. That is we the owners can simply modify the content in this section. It will contain product promotions via images and links to relevant products and or promotions. Image attached as a sample, as you can see there are 4 individual sections, one main and 3 to the right.
[url removed, login to view]
7. Under the above will simply be the current featured products, these products will be displayed 3 across and 2 down giving 6 featured products.
At this stage, all images including header backgrounds, major category navigation, home page offers, footer icons and so on will be created by us. This work is more based on the functionality.
We will attached a link to the brief when it's completed, if you have any questions now please feel free to fire away and we look forward to working with you soon.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online