backend setup of a contact form section on a pre-existing website, i.e. to create a secure contact form going to a database, and provide an interface to view and export the data
This project received 6 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £1342 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£750 - £1500 GBP
We are designing a Wordpress website for a commercial wing of a college.
We need help with the backend setup of the contact form section of the website, i.e. to create a secure contact form going to a database, and provide an interface to view and export the data:
- Create a basic MS SQL database on the college web farm (SQL Server 11).
o 10-20 Fields (just capturing the contact form data)
- Link the website form to the database
o The Wordpress website will be hosted on a college linux web farm (PHP 5.3.3)
o We will design the frontend
o You hook it into the database, possibly with something like [url removed, login to view]
o We will need to organise SSL cert - college to host for the Wordpress site
o We will need to adhere to college guidelines
- Provide a GUI for listing, filtering, and exporting the data to Excel/CSV
o Could use something like Microsoft Server Management Studio
o Could write something from scratch
Please provide a breakdown of your cost and time estimates. An indication of your rate for hourly support, such as amending the database, would also be helpful.
Contacts database specifications:
• The database needs to store information on individual patients including name, email address, telephone number, date of birth and some additional fields from a drop-down menu
• It is essential that this personal information is secure at all times – at rest and in transit
• Encryption at rest: encrypted database will be stored on College server using Microsoft SQL server (MS SQL farm is running SQL Server 11). Developer is responsible for design of the website interface and form which will directly populate the database.
• Encryption in transit: College recommends obtaining from Globalsign ([url removed, login to view]) or Comodo ([url removed, login to view]).
• The database requires an interface to extract relevant patient details for potential studies – i.e. identify which patients would be suitable for specific studies
• Query system for analysis of the database to search for specific patient types will also be the responsibility of the developer:
o A set of Web-based query tool for querying the database and for displaying the data.
o If the web page will allow download the search result to a CSV file this will be a highly desirable feature.
o Minimum solution would be to have a web function/page to generate/update a CSV dump of the database and made available for download, so the database can be post-processed by a general office worker on their own computer
Other information to be factored in:
• Main website (Wordpress) will be reside on the college linux web farm (PHP engine version on the linux web farm is 5.3.3)
• College can provide back-end infrastructure support for hosting the site, providing infrastructure support – i.e. if the web server has failed the College will be responsible for bring it up, updating the database engine and other software engines etc. However they will not have resources to edit or debug the web site; change the database schema or stored procedures etc.
• College are providing a blank canvas – a database creation user account to create any database you need on an instance of the server.
• Developer can create standard query on their own database and refer to them. Stored procedure is a way to standardise the SQL query, so the dev can be sure the query is working properly before using it in a production environment.
• Developer would provide SSL cert to College for hosting
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online