ebay clone site
This project was awarded to websree for $2319 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1500 - $3000 USD
need to develop a "best offer" website or an auction/EBAY clone website. This project is for a "best offer" site. A seller posts his listing for X amount of days (as described previously). When a buyer(s) is interested in the item, he puts in a best offer, at which point the seller is notified. The seller can then choose from the offers on his item and choose one. The site is run similar to this scriptlance site, where i am choosing from various offers.
A few points in no particular order are below. Of course we will discuss the project in more detail but is it pretty straight forward auction site.
1) When seller posts and items our system the system will give him an option for how many days this item will be posted for.
The website should be built that the administrator has the power to changes the length of days that the item could be posted and how many option they get for example:
As of now we will do 3 options of 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days. Later on (or at any time) we want to change to 40 days, 30 day, 20 days or anything else. Our system will automatically remove the item at the end of that time.
2) Internal Messaging System - registered buyers and sellers can only communicate to each other through the websites internal system. No personal information can be exchanged in the correspondences. Safeguards should be put into place to keep that from happening such as checking if the ampersand symbol is used in a message and not allow that message to go through and alert administration.
3) The system will recognize the seller and not let him buy or make an offer on his own item
4) Products of all types should be able to get put into the system. Depending on which category the item is going into it should give the right choices to the member to fill out. For example, a listing for a vehicle, like a car or motorcycle should include Make, Model, Year, Color, Mileage etc in the form.
5) We want to use PAYPAL to handle the payment from buyers and sellers. We also charge our percentage for listing that should get charge through Paypal too. The fees we charge to the seller should be in the administration part of the system to allow us to change the fee when we need to.
6) Proper email notifications to the buyers and sellers should be in place when items sold or after payment is made.
7) Simple feedback for the buyers and sellers should be created. A 5 star system with one comment box. The administration should have access to override a rating in case any issues come up.
8) The programmer needs to safeguard the code from hackers. You need to make sure that there is no slq injection possibility and that the site is coded correctly. This really should be #1 in the list - but this is very important.
9) the ability to customize the homepage either with jpg ads or a product feed, or randomly selected items from all the categories.
I'm sure there are more items we left off the list, but we expect a fully functioning auction system with an administrative back end where we can change settings etc.
i have a half finished product from company that closed down
can be built off of that or can buy a package like phpprobid and work on to
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online