stock price tracking and analysis
- Status Completed
- Budget $30 - $250 CAD
- Total Bids 6
To be considered, don't provide your standard copy/paste answer. Please read, review attachment and answer questions below.
This project has 3 parts to it, if you win this first phase you will automatically get the other 2.
First phase of the project is data collection and quick analysis of the data. The data I am referring to is stock market prices (american and canadian stocks only) and source of the data you can get by using Yahoo's Query Language or scrapping the Yahoo or Google finance site
1. You will write an app that every 5 min will look at a mysql table that will contain stock symbols (it might have 0 symbols at which point you will do nothing, or it might have up to 25 symbols) - I will provide this table, see attached file for more information (click on [url removed, login to view])
2. Once stock symbol is found (ex. NASDAQ:AAPL, TSX:BB) your app will collect certain information about the stock (ex. sector in which it is in, 52 week low and high) and then start collecting stock prices every 5 min for the next 5 days (for each stock).
3. Symbol that you are going to be processing will be marked as such
4. If the same stock symbol is found 15 min later (regardless how many times in a single day), you will do nothing. But if a the same stock symbol is found in the next 5 days, you will mark this stock as special (colour blue)
5. In addition to 4 american, you will also find how 6 other exchanges around the world are doing (ex. London stock exchange).
5. You will then develop 2 reporting pages with filters at the top (see attached)
i) Listing report: top line review of the stocks found on a particular date range (today's date being default). Filters at the top will allow to change views, and each column will also have ability to sort. Below
ii) Detailed stock report: certain details of the particular stock
Since each report page will have filters, I want the data to be passed in query string (ex. [url removed, login to view]
That's it for phase 1. Please answer the following questions and provide your bid
1. How would you rate difficulty of this project? (from 1 to 10, 10 being highest)
2. Do you have experience in stock market?
3. Have you done any technical analysis?
4. How long will it take you to do the first phase?
5. Are you thinking of using Yahoo Query Language, another API or scape a site?
6. Any other suggestions?
MarkGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online