Small .exe file to capture stills from a webcam on mouse click for Windows PC required
This project received 2 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $400 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I want a very simple piece of software written ASAP.
It needs to be for PC running Windows 7 and standard USB webcam.
1) When the .exe file is run, I want the whole screen to be a solid single color (user changeable via a prefs file or similar) with no options for closing or resizing the window.
2) I want a small window showing the live video from the installed webcam in the bottom left corner.
3) I want a banner space the same height as the small preview window to fill the remainder of the bottom of the screen i.e. from the right edge of the preview window across to the right edge of the screen. This space should be the same color as the background when no image is present and the location of the image should be user definable in the same prefs file as the background color.
4) When a user clicks the left mouse button, I want a still image from the Webcam to fill the screen.
5) When the user clicks the left mouse button again, I want the existing image to halve in size and display side-by side the next image which will also be the same reduced size. Each time the user clicks (up to 8 times) the existing images should reduce in size to allow the next image to also display on the screen. So after the user has taken 8 freeze frames from the webcam, the screen will have 8 equal sized images displayed - maybe 4 across, 2 down.
6) On the 9th click of the left mouse button, a pop-up box says "Are you sure you want to clear existing images - left button=No, right button=Yes"
7) If the left button is clicked, the dialgue box just disappears
8) If the right button is clicked, the screen is cleared and awaits the first left click again.
9) If at any time the user clicks the right mouse button, the dialogue box in 6) appears and functions as per 7) and 8).
10) The program should continue to run in this cycle until the Esc key (or any other key if you choose) is pressed, which simply exits the .exe file.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online