Looking for an excellent software developer to write a small daemon that will do the following on a linux server:
1) Look for common website software
- Parse user home directories on a webserver
- Detect all installations of Wordpress / Joomla / osCommerce / Magento / Drupal / Concrete5 (should be easy to add more)
- For each type of script, extract the version number from the files present on the server
- Save a list of installations (including path, Script found, Version) in a SQLlite database (or similar)
- The daemon should monitor the server load and stop scanning if the load goes over a configurable value.
2) For each installation, depending on the script, run different checks (plugins). This will be developed in the future, but the following proof of concepts plugins should be delivered:
- Check the file permissions on the [url removed, login to view] file for Wordpress sites
- Check if wordpress's admin username is "Admin"
- Check the file permissions on the [url removed, login to view] file for Joomla sites
Expected deliverables :
- Commented source code for the daemon
- A documentation explaining how to add another script to scan for (let's say I want to add typo3 to the list)
- A documentation explaining how to add more plugins to perform extra checks
Preferred languages : Perl, Python or PHP. Knowledge of regular expressions is a must.
In your bid, please let me know how you will check for the version number of a Joomla site, as well as the language that you plan to use.