We have a simple shell script that runs once per day and performs 3 primary tasks:
1) Syncs a batch of files/folders from Amazon's S3 service to a local directory on the server
2) Encodes those files to a common format (WAV/FLAC -> MP3) and uploads to another server
3) Archives the original source files
This script, while functional, needs to be enhanced in several ways:
- The "efficiency" this script can be improved, avoiding unnecessary loops
- It must better handle exceptions and error reporting
- **Most importantly, it needs to be amended to handle directories and files (at present it can handle only files)
And that's pretty much it. If you are a Linux shell scripting expert or perl developer then this is a perfect project for you!
- Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
For you or your organization to be shortlisted for this project you must meet the following requirements:
- Must show and demonstrate relevant references to past work related to this project
- Code must be clean, efficient and WELL DOCUMENTED!
- Must have a Freelancer rating >=4.5
- Must be able to communicate freely in English
Thank you for considering our project. Happy bidding and good luck!
17 freelancers are bidding on average $144 for this job
Project is clear, and I meet your requirements. I won't spend too many words to introduce myself, as you can look at my CV. Just keep in mind that I am looking for perfect feedback, so I'll do my best for you.