Firstly just let me explain that this is going to be a non-profit website that won't really generate any revenue, its setup purely for the community.
The general idea behind the website is to help users (/DJs) share their rare or hard to find tunes whilst ensuring they get rewarded for doing so. The website will require users to register an account after which they will be able to help build the community by filling a request of another user; they will then get a credit to make their own request. The community will run on credits, credits to 'vote' for tracks and credits when you fill a request. Users can post links from rapidshare, mediafire, etc.. Please see the illustrations for a visual documentation on how this should work.
We want to build a helpful community of users working towards a database of links where the users are forced to become more than just leechers.
We would need a registeration, community, database, cms and credit system built into the site.
I have created a google group with some other users to disscuss ideas for this project. Iv also created a vector logo, website layout design and an initial project specification which can all be viewed at: [url removed, login to view]
The illustrations for every page can be downloaded from: [url removed, login to view]
The design should be sliced into a template for use with the website. It was created in Photoshop CS4.
Please let me know!
Quick Feature Specification:
* **User database**:
- Registration (with invite code)
- Admin user management (edit user username, password, email, invite codes, name, credits)
*** User control panel:**
- Edit name, password, avatar, title, location, email address
- View filled requests
- View spent credits
- View available credits
- Invite users
- View invited users
* **Invite code system:**
- X amount of invite codes automatically given to users
* **Forum account integration:**
- Menu link to forum (phpBB or another forum script)
* **Credit system:**
- User credits can be spent on filled requests (users can spend 1x credit on a filled request to obtain the rapidshare/mediafire/etc.. link - which will stay 'viewable' to the user)
- User can spend credits on requests that are not already filled (users can spend 1x credit on a non filled request and obtain the link when its filled)
- User can fill a request of another user (and obtain the credits that were 'voted' on that particular request)
- Add new request, which will cost 1x credit (and obtain the link when its filled. required fields are in [url removed, login to view])
- Add track, which will cost 0x credit (this will enable non requested tracks to be added to the database but would still require 1 credit to view link)
* **Request database:
-** Admin request database management (edit**,** comment on, delete requests)**
-** Request list (showing as seen in design with links to 'fill it' where users can fill a request with the link they have for the request)
- Page filters (show '30' requests, show '60' requests, show '120' requests, sort by newest requests, most popular requests)
- Search requests (by artist, track name, etc..)
- Report illegal file/request (this is required to make sure we are seen as developing a legal, legit website - should email the link to the admin)
* **Content management system:
-** Admin edit site content
- Admin add news (and edit news)
- Top 10 most wanted (requested) tracks
- Top 10 most downloaded tracks
- Links to mp3 files should be automatically 'Link Protected' using a script like: <[url removed, login to view]> to make sure even the filehost doesnt know the referrer.
- Users have ranks and icons to show their dedication to the website. E.g. 0-10 filled requests = 'Baby Beast' // 10-50 = 'Junior Beast' // 50-200 = 'Mega Beast' // 200-500 = 'Crazy Beast' // 500-2000 = 'Track Beast VIP'
- Genres in the 'new request' page: (Fidget House, Dutch House, House, Funky House, Electro House, Progressive House, Commercial House, Tech House, Jackin House, Hard House, Latin House, Electronica, Dubstep, Drum & Bass, Techno, Minimal, Ambient/Chilled, Old Skool, Trance, Hardcore, Breakbeat, Breaks)