We are looking for a highly experienced Linux Administrator to configure a server that we have just sourced at www.ev1servers.net.
Also the person will need to setup some software
We will give root access to the admin so that the following can be performed:
* Setup a firewall only allowing HTTP and SSH access to the machine (use iptables).
* Install the latest updates to the OS and installed packages
* Install the provided list of applications in requested places only using requested versions.
See Deliverables for details
* Document all aspects of this project from firewall settings to how they installed the custom web application.
* Install custom web application and ensure everything is working correctly.
The web application is [url removed, login to view]
It is a PHP application that needs to be setup on the server.
You will need to have knowledge of perl in order to set this application up correctly, as their are many hardcoded paths that need to be changed for it to run.
This job needs to be completed by Thursday 10th November at the very latest, with the application 100% working.
There will be the creator of the application available if there are any questions. I will provide the details to the awarded coder for the downloading of the code etc from another web server.
Server to be setup with the following:
**Operating System** - Linux
- Debian Woody (preferred)
- RedHat Enterprise Server 3 (as the alternative to Debian Woody if that is not available)
- Kernel Version must be: [url removed, login to view] or greater
**IP Addresses** - Need at least 2 (one for flagship site and one for the partner site)
** - ZSH: Version : 4.0.7 (or higher)
- Rsync: Version : 2.5.7 (or higher)
- Perl: Version : 5.8.6
Install Directory: /usr/local/custom/perl
Also need the perl modules installed as per attached bundle file.
- Postgres: Version : 8.0.0
Install Directory: /usr/local/custom/postgres
- OpenSSL: Version : [url removed, login to view]
Install Directory: /usr/local/custom/openssl
- GD: Version : [url removed, login to view]
Install Directory: /usr/local/custom/gd
- ImageMagick: Version : 6.1.9
Install Directory: /usr/local/custom/imagemagick
- Apache: Version : [url removed, login to view]
Install Directory: /usr/local/custom/apache
Only the following modules must be *compiled* in apache
- mod_perl.c (from mod_perl version 1.29 compiled with the
The following modules also need to be compiled for apache (and installed as .so files in the libexec folder):
- WebDav (mod_dav): version 1.0.3-1.3.6
- mod_ssl version [url removed, login to view]
System Users** - Need the following system users created:
- postgres (as will be required by the database)
**Database Users** - Need the following database users created with access to drop/create and read/write all databases
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).