Our company provides merchant services to merchants.
In order to access information on merchants such as batch reports, current address, DBA, etc. it is currently necessary for us to log in through a VPN connection and then telnet to a given IP to access the bank VPN system.
This system, while very secure, has the drawback that we can not allow direct access to this system to outside support staff due to security concerns.
Thus, our goal is to have a Web "proxy" developed whereby remote support staff can log in through a Web page and access only specific details and with all access requests being tracked.
The Web front-end system needs to connect via VPN on a Linux server to the VPN and telnet into it and then issue specific commands and read back specific responses.
In other words:
1. Remote staff goes to a special Web page and requests a batch report from merchant XYZ.
2. The script that is built, will create the VPN connection from the linux server, telnet into the remote VPN area and request the batch report "behind the scenes" for merchant XYZ.
3. This data will then be fed back through the Web page to
the remote staff member.
The advantage of the Web system is that only specific commands can be issued from the Web so there won't be the same security concerns that would exist if the remote staff had full VPN access.
The only thing that we really need developed is the interface that lets a Web page connect through a script which accesses the VPN and telnets in. Once this interface is built, we should be able to handle the rest of the development in-house.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. Or, instructions on how to do the same.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
System must run on RedHat Linux 7.3 or 9.0.
Code preference is up to the coder.