Small Web Page to configure a network interface on a linux server - repost
This project received 17 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $180 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I am in need of a simple web interactive page that allows users to configure the network interface of a linux machine (specifically CentOS). I feel that the Apache may be a little over kill for such a small tasks, so I'm open to recommendations on lightweight alternatives that will still get the job done, but perhaps not use as much resources. I would prefer that it be easily installed using standard yum repositories though.
The page should contain the following information:
- The ability to utilize DHCP to dynamically get an IP Address (Probably a radio button option)
- The ability to utilize a static address, in which the user will specify an IP Address, a subnet Mask, a Gateway address and DNS servers.
- Display the current IP Address (this will mostly be useful for DHCP application).
- Display a health status. In this case, I'll specify an IP address on the internet and we need to verify that the server can ping that address. If it can, that means the server is attached and can reach the internet, if it can't, then it should display "unhealthy".
The server will always have two network interfaces. if-cfg0 will be the interface configured by the web page. if-cfg1 will have a static address applied to it that will never change. Upon delivery of the server, customers may connect to if-cfg1 in order to retrieve the IP address applied to if-cfg0 should they be using DHCP.
Initially, we play to keep this simply and probably only have the service/web page accessible from if-cfg1 (a backup management interface). Later we may add user credentials and authentication capabilities to protect against unwanted configuration changes should the service be accessible via interfaces other than if-cfg1. Please keep this in mind as we may be returning to have enhancements made.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online