I am establishing a subscription based website with free access area and paid areas. I have a partially working version based on static pages. Users must be registered to access all areas, User can subscribe via paypal to access paid areas. The site contains threads of information on different stock market shares that are updated daily and weekly. Each update is a separate web pages containing information and charts.
1. User management system - amember pro?
2. Search engine FDSE.
3. Save search agent.
4. Favourite pages.
5. Web site upgrade from static pages to database?
6. Pro active developer - further upgrades.
1. User registers, with user name, password, email. Link sent to email address which activates account. All normal user management features included as in amember pro including paypal subscription service. When a User logs in they are taken to their home page which lists their favourite web pages on the site, saved searches and links to news and other pages. Would be happy to have this amember pro installed.
2. FDSE - works perfectly. Performance is an issue, must be fast.
3. Save search engine. Paid Users can save their search strings so that they are available when they log in to the system. They must name each saved search, they can also delete or amend save search strings. "Save search" button on all search result pages. By pressing this button they are prompted for a name of the saved search and once entered the saved search is saved to their home page. Also, users can request their saved search to be automatically run against the new daily data and the results emailed to them. Once the new daily data is uploaded to the site the site administrator can request that all appropriately marked save search's are run and emails sent. Email template must be editable by the administrator. A test run feature should also be available so that the administrator can run some dummy saved search's so that he can check the output, which comes to his email address, prior to running it against User's saved searches.
4. The stock market share pages will have a button that enables the User to place a link to this page on his homepage. User must be able to delete favourite page links.
5. The website is based on static web pages with new pages uploaded at the end of each business day (around 350 per day). The web pages are currently generated locally from data in spreadsheets and ftp'd up. I know want this to be done on the server, with the spreadsheet data held in a database and a template for the stock market share page. All the above functionality needs to be included although FDSE may become redundant, it's features must be present.
6. We are looking for a pro active developer to help maintain, fine tune, add functionality to the web site as it grows. We are prepared to pay a retainer or remunerate on a performance (of the site) basis. The above is a general outline of functionality that is require but other smaller features such as allowing users to date scroll forward/backwards chronologically thru stock market share pages, go to the latest web page of the stock market share, etc.
I have examples of the stock market share pages, spreadsheets that contain the data for creating the pages via a mapping spreadsheet.