This project was awarded to smdbangladesh for $350 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Looking for a clever programmer to write a crossword generator. The end product must allow for:
- running on a linux platform
- a 15 x 15 grid
- using our own dictionary (we will supply it to you)
- allowing the user to place the cursor/mouse in any box on the grid and having the application generate a list of horizontal and vertical suggestions; the user would then select from the list of suggestions and enter them manually in the grid
- allowing the user to input his own words at random points on the board
- ensuring that where horizontal and vertical words overlap that there are no spelling errors
- maintaining a cumulative word list and count of words below the grid
- numbering squares at the start of each word
- filling in random words if needed to minimize gaps or whitespace (for discussion)
Typically a crossword includes a set of clues or hints to allow the user to solve the puzzle. There is no need to accommodate this portion, we already have a separate script to look after this.
Please note: we have already started programming in php and have completed the first 5 items. The 6th has turned out to be a little time-consuming and problematic and as a result we have decided to outsource the project. The successful candidate will be given a copy of our code and may either build on it or discard it and start from scratch.
The successful candidate will be able to supply examples of programming scripts of a similar complexity. Preference will be given to php and perl developers.
The successful candidate will also be asked to sign an assignment of intellectual property and ownership, giving full rights to the finished product to our company.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online