There's confusion about the chat session and replies to tasks/messages.
I'm am REMOVING the above requirement for now.
HERE's HOW IT SHOULD WORK:
example: my phone number is 1234567890
i send a text message to:
task[at][url removed, login to view]
body of text:
john 1 pls order more paper
the message will be emailed/texted to task[at][url removed, login to view]
the php code will get log into the email account and insert into mysql with the following data:
column names are: primary_key_id, date_time, who_assigned_task, who_completes_task, priority, message
the data in the row might look like this:
1 , 12/14/2008 8:45am , 1234567890[at][url removed, login to view] , john, 1 , pls order more paper
I will add the other functionality later.
ORIGINAL BID TEXT BELOW
We have an existing website with simple php and mysql.
Here's what I need to do.
1. User sends an email form mobile phone or web browser to a specific email address.
2. A process (MySQL or PHP) needs to run to login to the email (Pop3), get a message and insert the contents of the message to a table called: "tasks". A different audit_log table in the mysql database willjust have a quick insert with the date time of the message and the message itself (a record log) - this iis just a back up copy of the task. The processed emails will be deleted from the email account.
3. example message format a user must send:
username priority_level the message to go into the table.
So a message might be this:
John 1 please call and order more paper.
The username is John, 1 is priority level, and the message is: "order more paper". The date and time of the message will automatically be put into the row of that message also.
4. There are several user names already in the system in a specified table.
5. if an email is sent and a user does not exist, it will automatically go to one specified user.
6. I do not need an interface to read the rows of the message table.
7. The recipient of the email message will get a text message (phonenumber@[url removed, login to view] and email (specified in user table that already exists. They can email or text reply to the message, and the tasks table will log the replies almost like a chat session.