This project requires basic VBA and macro knowledge to put together an excel worksheet filled with data entered through a custom made data input form.
When the excel file is run; the user will see a spreadsheet with rows of info in
it. (refer to the picture)
At the very top, there will be a button: "Add New"
When pressed this button will pop a customized form for the user to enter
When all fields in the form are filled and save button is clicked the form
window will close and the info will be recorded on the excel sheet.
The fields in the form: (also refer to the picture)
1. Date - should be formatted as DD/MM/YY . The button next to the field
should post today's date.
2. Customer Title - basic text.
3. City - basic text
4. Contact - basic text
5. Amount - number. Thousands should be divided by "," to "2" decimal
6. Currency - The dropdown list should include "EUR", "USD", "GBP", "JPY"
7. Total - number. Thousands should be divided by "," to "2" decimal
8. Type - number. the dropdown next to it should list "%p.q" and "%p.a" and
should add this selection right next to the info from type field. Both info
should be recorded in to same cell.
9. Details - text. Options: "wrap text" and "shrink to fit" should be
10. Status - drop down list should include "New", "Complete", "Error"
11. Last Update - should be formatted as DD/MM/YY . The button next to the
field should post today's date.
When all this info is entered/selected and "save" is clicked. The window
will close and the spreadsheet will be displayed with all the info entered
into the appropriate cells.
"Auto Filter" should be on for the whole of the spreadsheet.
Font type, size and coloring is upto you as long as everything is clearly
All data in the spreadsheet should also be editable manually in case any
changes should be made.
(See attached file: [url removed, login to view])(See attached file: [url removed, login to view])