I own a website called [url removed, login to view] and it has been live for 18 months. It is very much like Ebay and offers classified and auction format.
It is very busy, and I have 20,000 twitter followers, 12,000 facebook fans & likes and 1200 linkedin connections.
I bought it from a company called PHP probid and it is now hosted at Unixy.net. It was an off the shelf site and I havent changed anything.. it works well but I want to improve it.
The website is running well and has no downtime but I need some issues sorted and have no software experience. I also have no one managing the back office in terms of seo work etc. I have 1300 subscribers and 60 business sponsors who advertise on the site. The site is free for everyone and all income comes from sponsors banners.
I have learned what the issues were in the first 18 month and now want to out them right.
I have never touched anything in Cpanel or accessed ftp because I haven't had to and wouldn't know what to do. My admin area is great and I can do anything I need to through it.
I do not know whether it is best to start again with a new site or change the existing one.. need advice on this.
These are my ideas...
The site is Algarve Auctions & Classifieds but 99% of listings are Classifieds. I am thinking I might get rid of the auctions and go to Algarve Classifieds.
I also own [url removed, login to view] and would like to transfer to that domain name without harming my Google rankings? Is this possible and how difficult is it. Should I leave it as it is and just forward [url removed, login to view]
If I could start again I would have gone with Algarve Classifieds and set up a purely classified site. Need advice on what to do.
1. I would like the home page to be redesigned. I want to make it simple to find categories and to list items.
2. The site is simple but not simple enough, I want to strip it back and make it easy to list items. I definitely need a picture uploader that compresses pictures as that has been a huge problem.
3.. I want to remove all the clutter and options in the site that the users never use. (custom start times- private auctions etc)
3. I want it to be optimised better for SEO. I was PR1 until the last Google update and my rank is sliding and don't know why? Traffic is not down that much.
4. I would like an App designed.
5. If possible I would like users to be able to easily add items to the site using a smart phone.
6. I want more integration between my Facebook/Twitter/Linkedin so people can share new listings easily.
7. Not vital but if anyone knows how to add a Portuguese language option that would be good too.
In short I want people to find the site, navigate it quickly, post items quickly and share quickly.
Maybe a new site is the way forward? Maybe it is not necessary to go that far? I need guidance.
No idea what this will cost or what is involved.
Please get back to me if you have any questions. Brian.
8 freelancers are bidding on average €740 for this job
Sir I've gone through your requirements to and so glad to bid on this project as we have tremendous expertise and we would like to have some more details about the project. Please refer PMB thanks sohel