ok it seems we will be working from scratch on this project I will now explain best I can what I would like to achieve.
but before I do I will explain how I do things now as the point of this exercise is to be more efficient.
what we do is concrete driveways and next year we expect significant growth.
what I do now is when I go out and measure a job onsite I come back to office where I calculate my measurements into square meters and use a simple xl spread sheet I have created to quickly add up my sums, then I go into my quoting system and add the customers details, some job details and the price then save it as pdf document and email it to the prospective customer.
then if they accept job I go into my MYOB program and create a invoice for a deposit request.
I then create a simple job specifications sheet and up load it to base camp which is a project management software company we subscribe to . you may or may not be aware of it.
that way our contractors can go and view all job specs and client details they need to know this is a good system for us because I can give separate contractors with jobs I would like them to do, I assign jobs to different contractors and they can only view what they have been assigned and I can upload files they may need on job so they can access on their portable devices or download & print.
once the job is done they send me their own generated invoice for payment then I invoice client and everyone gets paid.
now as you could appreciate this is a very unproductive way to do things.
what I would like to achieve is have all of the above in my very own system that is to be created, I would like to have all the features of above mentioned and including the following for starters,
1. generate deposit invoice and payment invoices for quotes created
2. have the cost sheet I use to create quote automatically start generating quote as I add fields within the cost sheet
3. have certain fields of the quote generate job specific details that I can send to desired contractors list of jobs to be performed.
4. have certain price elements of quotes that we win add up figures for us so we can see how good we have or bad we have done in a single month or per quarter.(a growth chart or similar)
5. we have about ten or so ways we get work so we would like to add where the lead come from so we can see how many jobs we have one from each particular lead source.
6. have the system generate emails automatically from final invoice and possibly from sending initial quote.
7. have our contractors invoice us from within our own system so we can keep track of who has been paid and for what job.
8. some jobs we do not quote we simply get sent a purchase order so we need to enter purchase order into system and have it reflect on invoices.
9. purchase orders come with a date that the job is estimated to be ready for us and can be from 3,6,9 months away are we able to have this go to a calendar so we can have job projection forecast.
10. I really need this system to be easy and user friendly, so if a had a manager or va they could handle customer enquiries and know where their job is in the system / calendar.
by now you should have a basic understanding of what I am after and if this is your area of expertise you should have some great ideas to simplify this and help to manage future growth within this system.
I would appreciate your thoughts or ideas you may have and your best guess of how long this project would take you, I will not hold you to this, a best guess is all I ask.