I am looking to integrate vbulletin's user database with phpmotion on macgenius.tv. I want people to be able to login/register through the vbulletin system, and then be able to post videos in the phpmotion system. vBulletin integration is pretty common today, and I don't think that it should require much. Once logged in, the vbulletin variables in the header should show the user is logged in (currently the vbulletin variables on [url removed, login to view]), and the login box will be removed.
1. Users will only be able to register at [url removed, login to view], and the [url removed, login to view] link will be removed and disabled.
2. Once logged in, users will be able to upload movies on [url removed, login to view], or comment on movies. The phpmotion user database will not be used at all.
3. Vbulletin information will be used so the top of [url removed, login to view] will say "login" or "welcome, admin" ($vbphrase[welcome_x_link_y])
4. A basic [url removed, login to view] will be created. This will look like this: [url removed, login to view], but will not have permission information.
5. Avatar information from the vbulletin user database will be displayed in phpmotion on a page like [url removed, login to view]
6. Move the movie box player on [url removed, login to view] "Latest movies" to the homepage where "recently added movies" is now at macgenius.tv.
One last requirement: I need both vBulletin and Phpmotion to be easily upgradeable as new software and security patches come out. This means as few tweaks to code as possible with a log so I don't have to hire a new programmer each time a new upgrade comes out on either vbulletin or phpmotion. Thanks!