Develop a PDF failproof and hacking-proof "marking" software to be run on Linux machine
This project received 4 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $438 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
I have on my forum a database of files downloadable and uploadable by end users. I need a software application to “mark” every single file we have on our database with a specific and unique encrypted sequence, totally invisible to end user.
This sequence has then to be saved on a database and associated with the file itself. I will later use this information to check, when my users will upload new documents, whether these already are on our database or not.
• The software will run on a Linux machine
• The “mark” has not to affect the user experience in reading the pdf in any way
• I don’t need a DRM application. Files have to be fully open-able with no “expiration” date. I just need to mark each file “invisibly”.
• The software has to operate so that for those who want to hack or circumvent this encryption it is impossible to: 1) delete it with other PDF watermarking/unlocking softwares 2)reverse engineer the algorithm
• The software application has to be built under the “black box” principle: I provide some input, it provides us back with the output. These are the functions that we need 1)Checkfile 2)ProtectFile
1) Input: file_name; file_path
Output: Outcome (Y|N); steg_unique_sequence_found [if any]; duplicate_file_found [if any]; duplicate_file_path [if any];
2) Input: file_name; file_path
Output: Outcome (Y|N); Error [if any]; Outcome_file_path; outcome_file_name; outcome_file_specific sequence; steg_unique_sequence
• Encripted sequence has to be added to every single page
• The software has to be “fail proof” and work on any type of pdf (even protected ones), with pages of any dimension).
• I need the property of the source code of this application.
• I need a ready-to-use software with a proper instruction manual
• I need a developer with previous experience in programming and encryption algorithm
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online