--= Full Time Python / Google App Engine Developer =--
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 11
We are looking to engage a full time, experienced Google App Engine / Python developer to take on an exciting & interesting new project from scratch.
This is a big project that will require excellent software design skills, project planning and extensive experience of building secure, scalable and optimized code from the ground up.
This is not your typical boring programming job, this is an opportunity to get involved in an evolving project from the start and have input into the design and see your work being used by millions of people.
You will be energetic, self-motivated and able to work without constant direction. You will be trustworthy, have great communication skills (verbal and written) and have a genuine enthusiasm for the web and pride in the quality of your work.
- Creating efficient, scalable code for use in high load environments
- Create database-intensive applications in a flexible and scalable manner
- Create code that is adaptable to rapidly changing technical requirements
- An understanding of SEO and how to implement it
- Minimum 5 years Python programming experience - you must be a Python guru!
- Experience with Google App Engine (GAE) with example apps available for demo.
- BigTable and Datastore experience
- Solid skills in XHTML / CSS development with the ability to deliver perfect CSS from PSD files without using tables, passing validation tests and cross browser compatibility to ensure our websites work on all browsers.
- Basic skills in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop & Illustrator
- Ability to work well in compact development teams
- Ability to effectively self-manage under tight deadlines
- Excellent code structuring skills to create clean, readable and maintainable code.
- Experience with blogging, forum & social networking applications a key advantage.
- Experience with iPhone Web Apps an advantage.
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience with frameworks such as Django
You will be required to work full time on this project, which is a minimum of 40 hours per week, perhaps more when approaching deadlines. You must be working only on this project and should not be doing any other freelancing while you are engaged with us. If you cannot commit 100% to this project please do not bid.
Location & Work Environment
This position is available to people located anywhere in the world, it involves working remotely from your own office/home. You will need to supply your own equipment (computer, software) & utilities (including Internet access). All communication will be Internet-based (email / Skype), a standard phone line is not required.
How to Apply
Please PM you full CV and portfolio of previous work and desired monthly salary in USD. Please include a link to one or more Google App Engine projects that you have developed.
Please note – if you are successful you will be required to sign a legal contracting / consulting agreement that sets out these terms. It will include a full intellectual property (IP) assignment and confidentiality agreement. You will be able to review this before starting work on the project to decide whether it is acceptable to you.
*** NO COMPANIES OR TEAMS *** this is for individuals only.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online