We are seeking a programmer, preferably a programming company, for a new social networking/forums website where users post comments, both with and without photos attached, and other users reply to those comments.
PROJECT REQUIREMENTS & SPECIFICATIONS
• Ranking system for forum posts and replies.
• User Profile pages with user names and passwords, and the ability to see the user’s history of all posts and replies.
• Search Engine for posts, replies and users.
• Paid Members and credit card processing with Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Pay Pal with 128-bit encryption, including merchant account integration with scamless checkout. Programmer will assist in obtaining, integrating, testing and configuring the merchant account.
PLATFORM & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• The application must be browser-compatible for all popular browsers.
• The programming language will by Python.
• The web framework will be Django.
• Since we are hosting the site on Google App Engine, we will be using app-engine-patch to get Django on there.
• All programming must meet strict W3C standards as outlined on the [url removed, login to view] website.
• The main end-user experience will be for a web browser, but possibly have the option to browse via mobile in the future.
• The website will be hosted on Google's new hosting platform, App Engine.
• Server configuration is all taken care of by Google App Engine.
• All other configuration is done through code (databases, memcache, etc.).
• For development we will want all code changes to be loaded into SVN at [url removed, login to view] and we will have a development version that can be loaded into Google App Engine.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).