Carpool web application
This project received 22 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Job is to create a web based carpool application with elements of a social network. Main function of the site should be matching potential passengers with drivers and vice versa.
This website should contain (not sorted by relevance):
1. ability to create user accounts with details such as pictures, interests etc;
2. ranking system so users can enter their experience with driver/passenger (similar to [url removed, login to view]);
3. created route(s) should be visible on a map;
4. by entering starting and ending point of the journey system should automatically calculate similar starting/ending points in the surroundings and suggest it to the user (based upon the principle of circles: 1st circle is 500 meters radius, 2nd circle is 2 km radius, 3rd 5 km radius etc);
5. user profiles should be linkable to facebook as a security precaution - facebook verified users of this carpool website are more legitimate;
6. users should be able to share their journeys on facebook/twitter etc and recommend other users etc;
7. for every users there should be a log of activity where all journey data should be stored. That way every user would know exactly how much CO2 is saved by using this web site, how many miles did he travel etc;
8. besides above mentioned ranking system between users there should be a global ranking system for all users where every user earns points for using this website;
9. there should be an option for creating private groups (or events) of carpoolers;
10. when user is in search for a particular journey but at the time there isn't any matching his preferences there should be an option to receive a sms when such journey (or very similar) appears in the system;
11. PayPal integration (optional);
OVERALL: This web site should be intuitive and user friendly. If some of the above requests are too much time consuming we can agree to postpone the development of that particular website element but ensure that in the future such upgrade can be implemented. We can debate on every aspect of the site (regarding it's momentarily relevance) so that the final product can be satisfactory. In this stage functionality will be considered more important than design but there should be no problem to implement great web design afterwards. That means that developer should respect trends in modern web design while writing the code.
EXAMPLES OF GOOD PRACTICE:
1. [url removed, login to view] (nice and simple);
2. [url removed, login to view] (excellent example of a carpooling website with social network elements-this should be a model to look while creating this website);
3. [url removed, login to view] (clean and sleek);
EXAMPLES OF BAD PRACTICE:
1. [url removed, login to view];
2. [url removed, login to view];
3. [url removed, login to view];
PLEASE NOTE: Budget will be available after July 2012 so this is a preliminary bid to ensure best person or team will be working on a project.
ALSO NOTE: It is expected from bidders to have some demonstrably experience on this topic.
Every other detail can be discussed in inbox or after the bid is over. If everything goes well there is a strong possibility of further engagement on this project in a form of full-time and maybe even some form of partnership.
I wish you all successful bidding!
With kind regards
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online