I have a personal website, ([url removed, login to view]) running on Mambo that desperately needs to be overhauled. The website is out of date, both functionally and stylistically. This needs to be corrected.
I have made numerous changes to the existing website myself, but no longer have the time to administrate and update it.
This new website must focus on efficient content delivery (it must feel like a WordPress blog), but utilize the power and versatility of Joomla CMS (extensions, modifications, etc).
I want a lot of information available to site visitors, but not to overwhelm them as soon as they arrive.
1) Recommendations for the best platform (Joomla, Wordpress, etc.) to accomplish my objective. I am open to discussion and will defer to the expertise of others if persuaded.
2) Two phases. See below.
Phase I) Create a Joomla template from scratch (NO PRE-EXISTING TEMPLATES) that has the following characteristics
- Warm, modern, professional design
- Seamless optimization for mobile, tablet, and PC
- SEO Optimization (by date, for example)
I am a young energetic professional, budding as a businessman with political ambitions. I need my consultant to spend a little time (30 minutes to an hour minimum) researching me (speeches, posts, facebook/twitter profiles) to understand my aspirations and get a flavor of the impression I want to convey with this website. This will help shape the way the website looks.
Phase II) Migrate my existing Mambo website to a new Joomla 3.1 platform, with the created template installed.
- Unpublished URL will be provided for testing
- New mySQL database will be created
- No read/write access will be provided to the existing system. Limited access will be given to the new folder only.
1) Permalink migration of old facebook notes (existing fb links need to seamlessly redirect to the new location of blog posts)
- This must be cleanly noted in the code so that changes are easily made in the future
2) Visitors can instantly like or comment on posts via facebook
3) Visitors can instantly share via social media
4) Ability to automatically publish contant to facebook / social media as it is created.
The new website must integrate seamlessly with Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter are a must).
25 freelancers are bidding on average $269 for this job
I have read your full project description.I am sure now that I can do this. I am sending you some links from our portfolio where you can see our past work.Please check the private message. Thanks
6 Years in Joomla- 225 completed Projects - 140 Satisfied Client - 86 countries - 5 Star ratings on Freelancer/Elance. Still going strong, please check your Inbox for my message - Regards, Derick Rethans