I want to build a system where authorized users can input and modify information in a database using any web browser.
The person hired will construct a template which will enable a database admin to customize a single PHP or TXT file which will exactly specifies the fields of each record in the database.
In the end, the project will result in the following files:
1. [url removed, login to view] (or [url removed, login to view]) -- this file will dictate all the fields (and data type for each field) which will be used by all the other files to control data input, data filtering, and data editing by the GUI and an end user. This file needs to include some variation of the form field(s) (including radio buttons, pull downs, integer, and text boxes), along with examples of simple validation in the form for required fields (like zip code, phone number, email, etc.). The [url removed, login to view] file should be dynamically alterable, allowing the fields to be changed in the file itself, and used by all the following pages to enter, edit, search, and display fields which may or may not not exist in other database records. For example, if it is decided to add a COLOR field and a pull down SHAPE field to an existing [url removed, login to view], the system needs to be able to alter current (and new) records by adding COLOR and SHAPE to future data submission entries, but still be able to search the current database and all older records which do not have COLOR and SHAPE specified.
2. [url removed, login to view] -- define the access information for the SQL database (host, username, password, DBname, etc.)
3. [url removed, login to view] -- enter information into the database using a GUI formed from the [url removed, login to view] fields
4. [url removed, login to view] -- edit information in a selected database record using a GUI formed from the [url removed, login to view] fields, including rewriting records which may not (currently) include all the defined fields with ALL the fields specified in the [url removed, login to view] file. Thus,
5. [url removed, login to view] -- search (query) the database for matching records by specifying values for any [url removed, login to view] field(s) and generating a corresponding results page. Selection of records on the results page should call up and present the information in the corresponding record in a GUI format identical to the entry & edit pages. Returned result pages should display all records with values having fields which match fully or partially with the query. The return result page will show a link for each matching record, and when clicked will open the matching record in a new tab/window.
The entry, edit, search, (and result) pages must have a header (or other static link set) to navigate to the [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], or [url removed, login to view], pages at any time.
PLEASE do not waste my time if you cannot perform this task essentially as is. Prior bids have turned into discussions about security and future robustness. Just meet the requirements above, and you will get paid the amount of your bid, likely in the form of two milestones: initial file presentation/inspection and project completion.
Also, there is no rush to this job -- quality is desired over speed and (reasonable) cost. I have been known to kick in extra funds for top notch work project, but will not deal with clowns any more. If you bid with $45 and delivery in 1 or 2 days, forget it, since you likely will not get chosen to do this work.
Go and read the above again, and make sure you can do this project before bidding.