Moodle Expert to build re-certification module (retake courses)
- Status Closed
- Budget $700 - $1500 USD
- Total Bids 24
Background about the Website
We have a Moodle site set up for our business that we are using as an online training program. We have different courses, like "Intro to the Company", "Driver Training", "Welder Training" etc. When we hire a new employee they have to take the courses related to their position, and at the end they receive a certificate of completion. Each course has different activities (SCORM, Quiz, webpage, etc.), we have enabled course completion so that the employee has to complete the activities in the order that they appear, then at the end of the course is a quiz. There are different trainers depending on where the employee works and those trainers are also sent an email when the employee completes a course.
By law, our employees need to be re-certified for their jobs every year. So every year they have to go back and retake the course. This project is to develop a module (or other method) in Moodle that will make the employees retake the course and keep track of past attempts. It must do the following things:
1. When it is time for an employee to retake the course Moodle will send out an email to the employee and the trainer telling them it is time to retake.
2. The amount of time for re-certification for each course will be different. This amount is already stored in the database for each course.
3. When it is time for re-certification the previous attempt for the course will be deleted. This includes all grades, activity completion, course, completion, quiz attempts, etc. The employees are enrolled through cohort, so after un-enrolling they will automatically be enrolled again the next time cron is run.
4. Reporting (using the reporting plugin). We need to keep track of previous times a user has completed the course. Since we will be deleting the courses we need a new way to track past attempts. We should create a new table in the database to store this information, so each time an employee completes a course it will store the date, quiz scores, grade, etc. We can use the reporting plugin to get information from this new [url removed, login to view] reporting needs to be kept separate for each time they retake the course. So for each user the reporting would be something like this:
Course 1: Original Training
Course 1: Re-Certification #1
Course 1: Re-Certification #2
5. We need a feature for trainers to be able to force an employee to retake a course. So the admin will log into the site, find the user and the course and click a button that says "force this employee to retake the course". From there it would be the same as above. The Employee and trainer will get emails telling them the employee needs to retake the course, the completion and enrollment data will be deleted, and the employee will be re-enrolled through cohort.
We will be working on a development server, and once the project is done and tested we will move it over to the live site. We will need your help to move it over. Since the live site has current users and data, we'll need to add the new features without disrupting them or deleting their info. Once everything has been transferred to the live site and tested then the project will be complete.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
ThanksGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online