Installation and Modifications of a PHP script textslastnightscript.com
This project was awarded to chsztsl for $30 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I have purchased the PHP script at [url removed, login to view] that takes care of a majority of what I am looking for. I have a vision for website where I need your assistance to install the script for me and make some modifications.
I will provide greater detail on the nature of the website to the winning bidder. It is basically a website for users to Share certain types of online messages or stories (it will not be text messages, but I am just using their script).
Please review their website so you are familiar with the purchased script. A majority of the below modifications are minor and should be quick to complete. There is one task that may be slightly more challenging below (see number 8)..
1. install the script to the host and make sure it's fully functional
2. Please remove the additional language buttons so it is english only
3. Please remove the youtube submission link when a user submits a post. (this is not necessary)
4. I need a logo. If you are not great in making logos, I can hire someone else, but please reflect this and state this in your bid. I am looking for the text of my domain name along with a cartoon picture of a creepy Cupid. (i.e. heavyweight middle aged man shooting an arrow as a cupid that looks creepy). I would provide example. (this is not a deal breaker if you are not good at making logos, i'll get someone else).
5. You will see on the sample site/live example provided by [url removed, login to view] that when a user submits a picture it only come up on the main page as a smaller image (you have to click on it to enlarge it). I need the image to show up in a larger size so that a user can read the image without having to click on it. (i'd give you an estimate on the rough dimensions)
6. When a user submits a post, I want to make it so they can call it whatever (i.e. tag it). Currently the system is setup to tag only as a 3 digit phone number area code. I need it modified so that a user can tag whatever and it doesn't have this restriction.
7. For the buttons on the site that say "Best nights", "worst nights" I'll just need these changed to say something else that I will specify.
8. This may be the one item that could either be really simple or slightly challenging (I am not sure). I want to give the user an option that when they submit a post, they have the option to choose to submit either a message or a story (2 options). I would like these to be posted on 2 separate sections of the site. One that lists all posts indicated as messages and the other section for items designated as Stories. When the user clicks Best posts based on the rankings, i'd like them to be able to choose either the best messages or best stories depending on what the user submitted. IF you want to change my number 6 so that it doesnt list tags and a user chooses either a message or story that works as well. The default option would be be posting as a message until a user clicks story.
9. Please add the free bar [url removed, login to view] to the site so users can share the website to anyone.
The budget for this project is $100-$250. This will lead to future business, I am certain as I need tweaks in the future that I will pay for and future businesses that I am planning. Please submit examples of your work upon the bid. Also, let me know if you have a better script that I should look into purchasing and I would consider it (if it's really better than what I'm looking to do).
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online