Nominatim installation with full planet on debian squeeze
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 4
We are looking for nominatim experts to resolve a problem we are struggle with.
The problem description:
From the available two approaches (pre-indexed nominatim file and osm based loading and indexing), we've tried to walk the path of the second alternative.
Using the nominatim-provided [url removed, login to view] tool, currently the create-indeces is running for approx 3 weeks.
As the processes (16 postgres threads besides the one of nominatim [url removed, login to view]) are running at the background, it's impossible for us to check the progress or verify if everything goes fine or not.
The machine's configuration:
1TB HDD / 700G should be enough for the overall nominatim db
16 core CPU 3GHz each
operating system: debian squeeze
postgres with postgis 9.1
What we'd like to is roughly the following:
- check if everything is ok, or something goes wrong with the indexing
- a running nominatim application with the full planet loaded and indexed (it's up to you which way you prefer, with npi-s or osm-s),
- a detailed documentation based on which we could reproduce the installation on further (similar) environments
- a working search and reverse geocaching feature with tuned db parameters
I'd let you root access to the server, so work could be done from any remote location.
Please send us a fixed price offer that you think would cover the expenses of this task.
Would you need more info, please do not hesitate to contact me: +3630-258 5778
Thanks, kind regards: BalazsGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online