412146 Php hostel site work
This project is now closed with a project budget of N/A.Get free quotes for a project like this
I have a new assignment for you on the hostel site. I'm willing to pay $175-225 for this work. It must be done in less then 2 weeks.
To integrate this [url removed, login to view] with this [url removed, login to view]
The API software updates bed availabilty to several different websites at the same time saving time and effort for hostels who have to visit each booking website seperately to update the availabilty everytime a new booking is made and the bed availabilty changes.
The plan is to make a screen inside the hostelmate software system for users to enter the details of their myallocator account such as the user ID and password then fill in a form detailing the availability of the beds, click submit and the system uses myallocator to process the availabilty and update the booking websites. So you can basically use the myallocator application from a screen within your hostelmate system and control things from there.
Screenshots to be done when needed. I have contact details of the API developers for help and questions and also have setup a user account and password to be used for integration and testing purposes so things should be straight forward.
>>>>Forgot to mention, if users do not choose the myallococator add-on then that will be locked out in their account, it will be visable though but if they goes to use it then it forwards them to the payment screen where they have to add it onto their subscription if they want to have access to it.
1. To change the payment processing in HostelMate from PayPal to a credit card processing option. You may know the best fit from previous work for the requirements or I can find a service to use.
The process needs to work like this.
a) Users add in their details on the create account page (1.1)
b) The next screen asks what features they want to have included (1.2) and (1.3) Users can add on the features they wish to use and the total adds up the extra amounts to produce a total and the red bars move from left to right and back again, you can add or take away each feature.
c) They are then taken to the next screen which asks for a credit card. The service is free for 21 days and then payments of $29, $39 or $49 per month apply unless cancelled. The service automatically subscribes each month until cancelled and users can unsubscribe easily.
The $49 option is not yet available (as I am waiting for a company to produce an API that we can incorporate but at this stage it may be worth noting this so it can be easily added to the page when it becomes available.
2. The payment process for web bookings needs to be switched over from PayPal to a credit card processor, preferbaly the same service as the subscriptions for guests to pay for their bookings. Preferably the hostel can set the deposit amount taken but we need to find the best solution as I am thinking it would be hard for the system to direct this guest payment to each individual hostels bank account automatically so if it is not possible then we will look at incorporating either the guest payment being sent to HostelMate and then I forward it to the hostels or the guest pays a non refundable booking fee that HostelMate keeps. The problem with this though is it disadvantages the hostels because if the guest does not show up they have no way of charging the guests credit card for the loss of revenue unless we can forward these credit card details onto the hostel. Anyway, Paypal needs to be replaced with a credit card payment processor and a good solution found to the above.
3. Remove the Software and Resources pages from the main homepage of the site
4. On the "new subscription" page within the software, change it's title to " Manage subscriptions"
Here they see a screen similar to the signup page where the user can add the features to their account and their monthly subscription amount automatically changes and they can find the link to manage or cancel their subscription.
Install PayPal Pro as the payments processor. The create account screen located at [url removed, login to view] will be changed to look like screenshot 1.1
Myallocator is the 3rd party piece of software that is in task 1 as mentioned. When a user creates an account they click on the create account button and go to screenshot 1.1. Here they have a choice of either the top version priced at 21 days free trial and then $[url removed, login to view] unless cancelled or they can go for the option with myalloctor included priced at 21 days free trial followed by $[url removed, login to view] 14.95= $[url removed, login to view] unless cancelled
After the user clicks which option they are taken to the screen 1.2 which gets them to enter all their details
After they have entered their details they are taken to the paypal pro screen you will create to take their payment card
Paypal is to be hidden as the payment processor as much as possible please.
The account is not created until the payment information has been succesfully setup. If you need to add another screen to click confirm or something after the payment information to create the account then that is ok.
Within their hostelmate account they can click on the "manage subscriptions" tab and a screen appears showing how they can add or subtract the extra charges for myallocator on their subscription, and cancel their subscription and any other relevant task to do with their subscription package, I am trying to make it all as automated as possible so users can do everything themselves.
FOR THE GUEST PAYMENTS VIA WEB BOOKINGS
The process works as normal until we get to the payment screen. Here paypal pro is integrated to appear on the booking screens without being redirected to paypal. Again Paypal is to be hidden as much as possible as payment processor. Hostels using HostelMate will still have the features as currently stand to enter a paypal account email for the payments to be forwarded to and also they can setup the amount of deposit they wish to take in the settings menu which is then reflected in the web bookings screens.
As with accounts, the guest booking is not finalised and enter into the hostelmate system until the payment has been successfully made. Emails are sent to the hostel and the guest. Guest gets conformation of name, bed/room request, date and price paid, hostel gets the same showing a guest has made the booking
I'll get onto setting up my paypal pro account and forward you the details. let me know if any questions
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online