Script to Copy DotNet Webapplication
- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $5000 USD
- Total Bids 1
We are a development company. We create among others DotNet webapplications. We use IIS7 and SQL server 2008 (typically Express version) on our tesing environment (one machine). We typically have several bug-fixing rounds. We can restore old versions, but its time consumming, and does not always work because database schemas and data has been changed.
**What we want functionally:**
To have all versions of the webapplications available on the webserver, so we can easily compare functionality between version. So for example:
version 1: [[url removed, login to view]]
version 2: [[url removed, login to view]]
We want a one-command, command line script that is taking auguments that will copy the webapplication, the database and make all required changes so that the copied site is working exactly the same.
* Create copy of files, DB and website in IIS
* Update configuration files (i.e. [url removed, login to view]) and copied IIS website (e.g. port number and files location
* all setting (version nr, which site to copy ect) need to be placed in a text file (one for each application), of which the name is provided as an argument of teh command line function.
* Note that physical server will have multiple applications, each having a seperate IIS website (etc)Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online