NEED Expert vBulletin Programmer/user to help with integration of new features
This project received 7 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I have a vbulletin forum running on my website.
The forum is beginning to get out of hand, and I would like an EXPERT with vbulletin to help me implement new features.
One forum that I saw that has excellent customization is [url removed, login to view] .. I would like more forum to be more visually appealing while matching the theme of the site. I know there are a LOT of free plugins at [url removed, login to view], and I have a registered account there if you need me to get anything.
I'd like some nice features like they have, if you just do some browsing you can see the type of customization the have.
I have an updated and legal copy of the forum software.
I had a previous programmer start the work, but unfortunately he had a family emergency and won't be back for a week, so I decided to find someone else.
Here is what I'm looking for:
1. Add moderators and their work log so I may know which moderator did what.. and be able to easily track moderator's actions (Previous programmer added Admin Panel -> vBulletin Options -> Cyb - Moderating Stats .. perhaps this is sufficient, but I am unsure how to use it}
[url removed, login to view] a possible script to AUTOBAN a user when specific words are used in a post/thread .. this ban would last 24 hours
3. Edit current skin to make it more professional looking and sleek.. as well as add some new themes to allow users to choose which they'd like to use
4. Add any other plugins that will make my server better and more prone to bringing the users back daily
5. Database Optimization (possibly.. not having any issues with it now.. could be done later down the road if this is hard)
6. Change thee way users are notified if a thread they previously viewed contains new posts, as of now it shows a small red arrow next to the threads/posts, which is verry ugly. I'd like some functionality similar to facepunch studios forum.. this is how they do it:
To show how many new posts is on a PREVIOUSLY VIEWED/OPENED thread:
[url removed, login to view]
When looking at the thread itself.. to see which posts are new..
instead of just those silly red arrows:
[url removed, login to view]
7. Add a better icon for the reputation system, and allow the
reputation number to appear in the box box that shows their username/post count/etc , and people can add to peoples
rep by rating them and leaving a comment
8. Make it so that Administrators can post HTML on any forum, but not
users of course. (I think this is already done by previous programmer)
9. I was thinking maybe the warn system would put a small
flag next to the persons name for 1 week when they are warned once ,
and then if they receive another warning, they get banned for a week.
10. I'd like a ban list somewhere on the site. This way people can
see who banned them, why they were banned, and how long they were
banned. (Programmer said he did this, no idea where it is at the moment though, maybe not done at all)
11. When users are banned, they are added to the banned usergroup of
course, this usergroup should automatically show a Avatar saying
BANNED (simple usergroup change), and hopefully reflect how long they are banned for for
example.. [url removed, login to view] , and then
under it will say how long they are banned for (i can show you a
further example if needed)
12. I'd also like to change my moderator user group system totally.. I
want to eventually remove the user groups (level 1 admin, level 2
admin, level 3 admin, and level 4 admin) I want some more relevant
moderator user groups, and have some new small banners made under
their name. (will have moderators for specific forums and whatnot)
13. For normal registered users.. maybe add a bar under their name to
indicate their "rank", which would increase as they get more and more
posts, looks something like this
[url removed, login to view] This can be
setup in the vb admin panel i'm pretty sure
14. VBSEO plugin.. which I can get if you need from [url removed, login to view], as
well as any other plugin. (This is already installed on my forum by the previous programmer, but I get an error when trying to run sitemap generator)
15. Better icons in general to report posts.. look @ ips (admin only),
add to rep, etc etc, and just better overall positioning
16. Make sure the google advertisements are still included in the new
themes we add, I was thinking maybe to make more ads to show for
unregistered users in different parts of the site, maybe even forum
17. Edit 2 of my top nav links on the forum.. pretty easy
I also have some non-vbulletin work I might have someone do.. so please let me know if you have experience with MYSQL and AJAX.
Also if you could optimize the database and whatnot to make it fast loading that would be great.
The forum is also linked to an aMember subscription software, so if you have experience with that as well that would be great.
Please let me know what experience you have with vbulletin, and what other customizations you could could add to make the forums more efficient and fun for the users. I also want to change up the layout a little bit and add more themes, so let me know if you can do that as well. Whoever I chose I will use long term for all my forum needs, so please let me know what you can do!
I will be choosing someone ASAP... Please send me a PMB and I will give you my forum URL
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online