Oscommerce Selective CSV Product Updater/Populator
- Status Closed
- Budget max $400 USD
- Total Bids 16
Oscommerce custom add-on description:
**ALL CONFIGURATION OPTIONS MUST BE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE ADMINISTRATOR CONTROL PANEL**
Step 1: every XX amount of minutes/hours/days the script needs to download a CSV file (or multiple CSV files) from a specific URL. There should be a manual upload option. Here you select which Scenario(s) to apply.
Step 2: Based on my configured selections the script will scan for a specific product(s) or if all products is selected it will scan for all products within the CSV.
Step 3: Once products have been singled out, products must add/update whichever fields I selected into my Oscommerce DB(mySQL) (with an option of updating into multiple Oscommerce mySQL DBs).
Step 4: A configurable option should be available which will allow for price markup by certain amount of dollars or %. This should be allowed for any fields that I select. (Regular price, sale price, shipping price, etc..)
- Configurations from Step 2 through 4 should be saved as a scenario each time, allowing for multiple and different configurations done for each single upload based on the launching of multiple Scenarios.
- Typical fields which will be updated are Regular price, sale price, shipping price, image, and product description. These are just examples. The script must be able to update from all available fields in the CSV into all available fields in Oscommerce. I should be able to mix and match if I like.
- The scan will look for a specific product identifier which the user (me) will specify. This could be a word/number from a specific field or a combination of fields.
- The csv scanner must be standardly compatible with configurable options such as, comma delimited, semi colon delimited, etc..
Control Panel configuration outline:
1. File fetch (here I see the status and log of previous and current fetch [succeed/fail+why] and can cancel any currently running Auto Fetch.
a. Auto Fetch (here I also select which scenario(s) to apply)
b. Manual one-time upload (here I also select which scenario(s) to
2. Product & field selector
a. Scenario Creator (each scenario should include:)
I. Select all products or find specific products based on
II. Select wanted fields in CSV and select fields in Oscommerce
DB that you would like to add/update the CSV fields into.
III. Price markup option (on Oscommerce DB side only, after new
price is added/updated from CSV). This includes options such as: + dollar
amount, + %, etc.. and may be applied to all fields including normal price, sale price, shipping price
Be smart with your code. Don't let common errors like if the field i selected from the CSV does not exist in the CSV it will erase everything under the target field for update/add in the Oscommerce DB.
* A CSV EXAMPLE IS INCLUDED!!! *
** Please add an optional extra quote for reading from mySQL DB and MS SQL DB in your communications **
*** I plan on using the attached zip for "on sale" prices (it adds a 'products_msrp' to the db if I am correct). If you'd prefer I used a different script that's fine, please let me know. All other fields are standard Oscommerce. ***
++++++++ COMMUNICATION IS KEY, ASK ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ANYTIME!!! If we need to advance communication methods let us know. ++++++++Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online