Follow me - option/plugin for Socialengine 4.50
- Status Completed
- Budget £20 - £50 GBP
- Total Bids 2
this should be an easy task for an experienced Socialengine (SE) developer (eiher copy the friends option and rename it or create additional functions/php fields/ copy fields in search function).
I require a 'Follow' option for my SE website similar to Twitter.
Please, only experienced SE4 developers apply - as future projects will arise and I would like to keep in touch with the developer of my choice for future projects.
The 'Follow me' option should come in form of a plugin that I can easily install (via plugin-manager) should I need to move in the future.
It should include:
- A follow/unfollow widget button that I can add to profiles (I have two profile types using the advanced profile type plugin) but it should not matter that I have two profiles as I think widgets can be added to any of them please see picture 1 (workflow) and picture 2 (layout manager widget)
- The button should also show up in the search function with same functionality- please see picture 3)
- members should receive a notification in the notification minibutton (mini menu) that they are being followed
- only the member who follows should receive activity stream updates from the person that he is following but the person who is being followed should not receive any activity update
- it should show up in the activity stream - for example member A is now following member B (similar to friends option)
- No authorisation is required this means if someone presses the 'follow' button it should immediately follow no request is sent to the person who is being followed
- A list of followers and people who follow a person (Following me; People that I follow/following) should also be added via layout manager - please see picture 4.
- All follow me buttons should work wherever they are immediately this means:
Member A presses follow me from member B on a profile - member A follows member B - member B will receive a notification that he is being followed by member A. Member A receives an update in the activity stream that he is now following member B also the buttons should change to unfollow -
please see picture 1. Member A can immediately press unfollow and then he would unfollow B and button resets to Follow - same thing with notifications and activity stream. After someone unfollows a person he or she should not receive further updates of the activity stream from the unfollowed person until he or she follows the person again.
That's it :)Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online